ANENSKE NAMESTI

project work: 2016
2018-0

The plaza – one of the town’s oldest municipal localities – was named after St. Anne’s Cloister of the Dominican Order, which had been transferred to this location in 1313. The plaza is surrounded by a row of monumental houses, including Milevský Dům [Milevský House], a former convent, historically known as Divadlo Na Zábradlí [Railing Theater], and above all the Pachtů z Rájova Palace in the northern tip of House No. 208. The plaza is located at the crossing of Anenská, Stříbrná, Zlatá, and Na Zábradlí [Anne’s, Silver, Gold, Railing] Streets.

Nowadays, Anenské Náměstí is used exclusively as a parking lot, hence it is currently not being used in a manner corresponding to its importance and locality. The objective of the new concept is to create a multi-purpose area close to the important buildings of the Pachtů Palace and the Na Zábradlí Theater, and simultaneously regulate parking so that the surrounding houses would still have adequate space without being visually overshadowed. Automobiles are concentrated in the middle of the plaza along a longitudinal line of trees.

people, who contributed to this project

 

The plaza – one of the town’s oldest municipal localities – was named after St. Anne’s Cloister of the Dominican Order, which had been transferred to this location in 1313. The plaza is surrounded by a row of monumental houses, including Milevský Dům [Milevský House], a former convent, historically known as Divadlo Na Zábradlí [Railing Theater], and above all the Pachtů z Rájova Palace in the northern tip of House No. 208. The plaza is located at the crossing of Anenská, Stříbrná, Zlatá, and Na Zábradlí [Anne’s, Silver, Gold, Railing] Streets.

Nowadays, Anenské Náměstí is used exclusively as a parking lot, hence it is currently not being used in a manner corresponding to its importance and locality. The objective of the new concept is to create a multi-purpose area close to the important buildings of the Pachtů Palace and the Na Zábradlí Theater, and simultaneously regulate parking so that the surrounding houses would still have adequate space without being visually overshadowed. Automobiles are concentrated in the middle of the plaza along a longitudinal line of trees.

Emphasis is put on important junction points – entrance to the Na Zábradlí Theater, passage to the courtyard of the Pachtů Palace, and access to Stříbrná Street. The parking lot contains a total of 23 spaces, all but two of them positioned perpendicularly. The project’s concept provides for optional uses for occasional events, music productions, drama performances of the Na Zábradlí Theater, and seasonal weekend markets combined with cultural programs at the Pachtů Palace and Jiráskův Dům [Jirásek House], etc.

Since the Baroque fountain had been moved here in 1932 from Smíchov and never was functional, the project suggests its relocation. The type and pattern of the pavement respect the character of the locality and surrounding pavement. The design of the plaza is complemented with new benches and new street lamps that illuminate the treetops.

cz | en